How To: Beachy Curls with a Flat IronFriday, September 25, 2015
Hi everyone! Today I want to show you how I've been doing my hair this summer. If you don't already know, it is possible to curl your hair with a flat iron! Beachy curls are different from regular curled hair because they are usually unfinished at the ends as though they are windblown. They also have a more texturized look thanks to salt sprays. I just received the amazing new T3 SinglePass 2 straightening and styling iron, which you guys have the chance to win on my Instagram @hapatime so be sure to enter! First though, check out my tutorial and let me know what you think!
1. Before blow-drying, apply some root mousse to your roots! Once it's all dry, spray on some flexible hold hairspray for holding power, comb your hair and wa-la you're ready to start!
2. I don't, but for those that have very thick hair, I suggest you split your hair in half so you don't miss anything. Now make sure your flat iron is hot and ready. The T3 is ready in seconds!
3. Grab about a 1-inch chunk of hair and separate it from the rest. Using your other hand bring the flat iron to the top of the chunk, about 2 or 3 inches from the root. Start pulling the iron down to smooth the hair. If your hair is very unruly you may want to start by flat ironing your hair straight all over first. About 1/2 down start twisting your hand away and inwards. Keep it twisted as your slowly pull the iron down the hair (while also keeping the hair pulled taut with the other hand). About 2 inches before the bottom, stop. If you want to go for a more polished look, curl it all the way to the end. Make sure you don't hold the iron in one spot very long or else your might burn your hair.
4. Every once in awhile twist your hand in the opposite direction. This adds variety to the curls and makes them look more natural.
5. When you're all done, spray all over lightly with a heavy aerosol hairspray. Wait for it to set then finger comb. To make it even beachier, you can add a salt spray.
If you can, use a mirror in the front and back to see if you curled all the hair.
Honestly I'm so excited by the new T3 SinglePass 2! Like I mentioned earlier, it heats up so fast! But it's also light in my hand and moves really smooth over the hair. You guys have a chance to win this awesome flat iron on my Instagram @hapatime! Make sure to check it out when I post the giveaway later today!