Warning!! This post is pic heavy!! 🙂 And this is just a recap of my trip to Miami SWIM Fashion Week with TRESemmé from Thursday and Friday. I decided to save Saturday and Sunday (today) pics for Wednesday! Anyways I am really having so much fun. Basically here is how it has gone:
1. Mike and I depart SF at 3 am. We arrive in Miami 3 Pm.
2. We go straight to the Miami Swim Opening Night Launch party after (Tyler Laswell – TRESemmé stylist – does my hair with an edgy braided faux undercut style) where all the Mercedes Benz cars are out in designer prints. I picked Mara Hoffman’s unknowingly because I love bright colors!
3. We grab dinner at Fung Ku, which is across the street from the Sagamore Hotel. DELICIOUS!
4. Friday morning: I’m getting my hair done by Tyler again and I love it! We decided to go for a voluminous bombshell curl look for my retro playsuit, 60’s style.
5. The finished product, which you saw in yesterday’s post!
6. Getting lunch at The Shore Club. Lemonade is so refreshing.
7. Head over to Dolores Cortés backstage where TRESemmé stylist Marco Peña was leading. Their TRESemmé styled hair is awesome! Basically the very tall ponytail’s are held up with lots of wire/hairspray and of course, the length is created with extensions. It went perfectly with the Dolores Cortés overall runway theme and was so unique! (I decide to change my outfit because quite frankly I brought a lot of outfits and I need to get good use out of them!)
The steps to create this look involve: Apply TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Mousse through hair and blowdry with a brush. Spray TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray and make a ponytail. Wrap a wire through the center of the ponytail. Secure hair extensions around the ends of the ponytail. Gather the rest of the hair around the center wire and create a triple section ponytail. Use TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Smoothing Crème Serum at the root to remove flyaways. Wrap the gold wire up to the first section. Finish with TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Illuminating Shine Spray on ends.
8. The show is about to begin.
9. The one-piece’s have the most intricate designs, I really love them!
10. This bikini is super unique! I wonder what it is like to swim in?
11. We head outside for a coffee between shows and this is what we see! The streets are flooded because a thunderstorm passed through during the show!
12. Pose, pose, pose
13. Head backstage for Beach Bunny featuring The Blonds – which was led by Tyler! Backstage: don’t the models look tired? It is around 9 pm. This TRESemmé hairstyle was created using tons of hairspray, curlers and extensions since the inspiration was Barberella and the 60s. They wanted big, big hair!!
The steps to create this look involve: Prep hair with a generous amount of TRESemmé Thermal Creations Mousse and roughly blow dry with fingers. Use a Mason Pearson brush to smooth out the roots and create lift. Starting at the nape of the neck, take small sections of hair and create pin curls all over the head. After the pin curls have cooled, spray each curl with TRESemmé TRES Two Extra Firm Control Hair Spray at the roots and tease! After removing all the pin curls, lightly brush hair back from roots and finish with TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Illuminating Shine Spray.
14 – 16 The Beach Bunny show ended up being so energized! The crowd was cheering, the models were fierce and the swimwear was jaw dropping. It was so fun 🙂
Stay tuned for more! Hope you guys enjoy this post and can make it out to Miami Swim Week yourselves someday too! It is quite the experience!!
This post was sponsored by TRESemmé, a product of Unilever.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-33695057-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);