Nike top | Joggers | Converse | Madewell tote | Luggage
Those that know me best know that any time we travel together, they can count on me if they forget something￼. What’s my secret, you might ask? I used to have a lot of anxiety around traveling, and the things that have helped me￼ are: 1. Going on more trips and 2. being as well prepared for each trip as humanly possible! Below are 10 tips I have to help YOU be better prepared for your next trip too!!￼
- Make a packing list if you haven’t already. I made one about four years ago and every once in a while I think of something new to add… but it’s already really long haha!
- Keep the generic stuff used on every trip in a toiletry bag. For example, toothpaste, contact solution, floss, skin care products, nail clippers, etc.
- Buy a weight measure for suitcases. This is the one I have! It’s super handy and lightweight itself so if I go shopping on a trip and I take it with me I can still make sure my suitcase is proper weight for my airline
- Get a good external phone battery. By good, I mean at least 4 charges! When you’re out being a tourist and checking your phone for translations or directions etc. you don’t want your phone to die guaranteed!!
- Get the app for your airline before you board! A long time ago, it only took me one time where I boarded a plane, we took off and suddenly I realized I could not get wifi to download the app and was left completely bored throughout the flight!
- Buy snacks before you get to the airport. This is something I always wish I do but 90% of the time forget to. Airports severely overprice their food and don’t have that many healthy options.
- Bring your own headphones. The free ones that they sometimes offer on the plane are the worst!
- Always bring a cardigan or chic sweater to throw over your OOTD, and ideally it will match anything you have! This is super important because no matter how hot you think a place will be you just never know if it’s going to be cold in the hotel or at night or maybe the weather will not be as nice as you expect. This happened to me once when I went to Cancun years ago and I didn’t check the weather which was a big mistake but an even bigger mistake was that I didn’t bring any warm clothes. It was cold and rainy on that trip and you can guess I was quite miserable. I even bought a Cancun T-shirt to stay warmer but it didn’t help!
- Always bring comfortable sneakers that you can wear (again, with anything). Guaranteed on any trip you will do more walking than you are used to so don’t get some crazy idea that you can wear cute sandals and heels all the time!!
- Always pack your most important items (with an extra change of clothes) in your carry-on. You never know if your suitcases will get lost and you don’t want your valuables to be in it (and stuck in the same outfit for the next few days–or week). Keep any items like your laptop, camera, SD cards, batteries and makeup with you!
I hope this helps some of you! xoxo
Shop travel essentials:
Thanks for the tips! I’m travelling to Korea in two weeks time so this should come in handy! You look gorgeous by the way! ❤️✨
Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog
Thank you so much Charmaine! Have a lovely trip!
Great tips! Thank you. 🙂