So many of you guys ask me this so I figured it was time to do a blog post about it 🙂 I’ve always had oily skin and so I’ve been using most of these tricks for a long time.
In anticipation of humid/wet days:
- (months before) Microbladed brows are a great idea. They last 3-5 years.
- (1-3 days before) Self tanner on the face. My favorite self tanner for face and body.
- (2-5 days before) Try lash extensions! Mascara tends to be the color that melts under the eye and gives that racoon look. I’m allergic to pretty much all lash extensions so this a no go for me unless I’m in the Bay Area and can go to my girl @lashfairylina 🙁
- Start with a non oily face moisturizer/sunscreen! I like this one.
- Try powder foundation instead of liquid foundation! This is my favorite one. I wear Golden Glow normally and Latte when I’m tan.
- Finish off face with a setting powder. This is my favorite one. It makes your pores look smaller too!
- Use waterproof eyeliner. Love this one!
- Try lash extensions! Mascara tends to be the color that melts under the eye and gives that racoon look.
- Lip gloss looks light and not heavy
- If you have noticed your eyeshadow creasing, try an eyeshadow primer. I personally never had this problem since I “prime” my eyelids with my powder foundation and I layer my eyeshadow 🙂
- Blotting tissues help blot off oil which can enhance to look of sweat. I use these.
- use a tissue or towel to dab sweat off face
- carry q-tips and fragrance free gentle lotion to clean up under eyes
That’s pretty much it! Let me know if you have any additional tips that you do to keep your makeup looking fresh 🙂